Monday, November 19, 2007

Website Up

I posted the website for FreshwaterFootprint . I'm really open for feedback as I continue to develop it. There are a few holes, but I will patch those as time allows. I'm working on content and hope to overhaul the site when I've compiled the pieces.

In the process of compiling information for my website I determined that I needed a better focus. I think my efforts will be best served to narrowed myself to the issues here in Yavapai County. The way I see it, I'm still a novice with water conservation and better stay close to home for now. Of course, it's an ongoing refinement subject to change-on-a-whim.

I went to the presentation with Carol Browner, the former EPA administrator, at the Prescott Public Library. Lot's of great things were discussed and it was pretty general regarding the issues. She was very accessible and answered many questions about global warming, nuclear power, and a few water issues, including the salination of fresh water. I'm not sure how much of an issue that is in our community. Soil and water saliniation appears to be a problem, based on this CIA World Factbook site. I couldn't find anything, based on a quick search, for our area. If anyone has information, please let me know. Maybe it's not something of great concern for us.

No comments: